
Remember Hole? That band Courtney Love sings in? Well if you don't, it could mean one of two things are true about you. The first could be that you were born after 1990 and you just weren't relevant back when Hole was truly amazing. For this I will judge, but not blame you. The second could be that you were born pre-1990, but you've never been cool enough to listen to awesome bands........until you started reading this blog, of course. There are two reasons I felt the need to talk about Hole today. One, I have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with Courtney Love. I recently had the privilege of watching her episode of Behind the Music. Long story short, it changed my life. Sort of had the same effect on me as the first time I saw David Beckham's Armani Exchange ads. Yup, it was that life altering. The fact that she is still alive and kickin' totally blows my mind. Another thing that totally blows my mind is Live Through This, which is the second, and actual, reason I wanted to talk about Hole today. By far Hole's best album, it was released in 1994 just after Kurt Cobain's suicide. It's so good. So so so good. I highly recommend you listen to the entire album over at Grooveshark. I also totally recommend you set your tivo to record the next time Vh1 airs that episode of BtM, but that's beside the point. (Sorry for using 'totally' so many times, I'm mos def in a 90s frame of mind today).
Hole is still around these days. And still awesome for that matter. Just not as awesome as they were in the 90s, but what is really? If you decide you like Hole, and I'll admit, this music isn't for everyone; you should check out their 1998 release Celebrity Skin, the title track of which I have been obsessed with since approximately 1998. Love it!
-J
No comments:
Post a Comment